Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: 7/27

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!
Today's teaser is from Fingersmith by Sarah Waters.
They hanged her, as the did murderesses then, on the roof of the Horsemonger Lane Gaol. Mrs. Sucksby stood and watched the drop, from the window of the room I was born in.

9 comments:

  1. What a fascinating teaser! My teaser is from Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo hoo! I'm so glad you're reading that book! How far have you gotten? I bet I know something you don't know!

    My teaser is here:

    http://teabagsinfusion.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesday-july-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I've loved all of Sarah Waters's novels, I must admit Fingersmith is tied with Night Watch as my favorite. Hope you're enjoying it!

    My teaser, from an old YA fantasy series, is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charming thing to remember! *Shiver* Great tease!



    Here is mine
    !

    It’s a song taken from the book ;)

    Don't forget to leave your email addy if you want to enter the giveaway!

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get the feeling there's a lot more going on here than I can see. Great teaser.

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got this one on my TBR list already. Great teaser! Although I don't really see how anyone could watch a hanging.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. reading this for my book club in November. can't wait.

    Here's mine! Comment and enter the GIVEAWAY of the ARC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this teaser, something about the way it's phrased really struck me.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.