Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Update 5/21

Most Fridays, I update my library and share what new books I bought or received during the past week.

Sorry for the light posting this week. I have been hit by some sort of a flu bug and have been feeling terrible. I don't know about you, but I actually don't read much when I'm sick. I tend to watch TV or movies or just nap. But when I am reading, I'm reading some great books right now, so I look forward to reviewing them here.

As for what books I've gotten since my last Update:


I was fortunate enough to win Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, Book 1) by Jenna Black from the Librarything early Reviewers program.

I also picked up a few books at a library book sale last weekend. I got:

Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling by Ross King: I really enjoyed his book Brunelleschi's Dome: How a Renaissance Genius Reinvented Architecture.

The Zookeeper's Wife: A War Story by Diane Ackerman: I've enjoyed her nonfiction books over the years and I even got this one for my mother for Christmas. She enjoyed it, so I thought I'd get a copy for myself.

The Ear, the Eye and the Arm by Nancy Farmer: I thought her House of the Scorpion was really interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better now. Glimmerglass looks so pretty and I've heard great things about The Zookeeper's Wife.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.