Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Update

Every Friday, I update my library and share what new books I bought or received during the past week.

By the time I hit post on this, I am sure it won't be Friday anymore. Oh, well. I had a busy day. And I'm going to have an even busier weekend.

Between gifts and shopping, we got several new books since I last posted an update. I think I'll just talk about a few today.


First, I won Angels: A Pop-Up Book by Chuck Fischer from Bermuda Onion! She had a really interesting interview with the paper engineer Bruce Foster that I enjoyed. It was really cool to actually get a copy and get to see the results of his hard work. Thank you to Bermuda Onion and Bruce Foster!


For Christmas, from my boss, I got NorCalMod: Icons of Northern California Modernism by Pierluigi Serraino. It is gorgeous. And I always like know more about the architecture in the area I live.

The last book I'll mention I got today will answer the question (posed earlier) of where we spent Christmas: Hawai'i!


Hawaii's Birds by the Hawaiian Audubon Society: I'm not a birder, but I thought this was a concise, well-illustrated guide to all the different birds I saw on our trip.

The trip, by the way, was amazing. We spent a week on the Big Island. I got to go snorkeling, coffee tasting, see the volcano, and lava hitting the ocean. So cool! It was my first time and I am ready to go back again.

2 comments:

  1. Hawaii!! Oh how I would love to be there (well actually, anywhere warm with ocean and a beach). Did you wake up in the mornings hearing the birds sing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really - more like woke up in the morning hearing my husband snore, as he slept in. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.