Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Teaser Tuesday 10/20

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
  • Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!
Then he took hold of himself and on his motionless face came a motionless expression of the sort, "You want to play games with me, little girl?" Well yes, I do want to play games with you, you big fat marron glacé.
From The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery. A marron glacé, by the way, is a chestnut candied in sugar syrup and glazed.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser! Here's Mine:
    http://karissabooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/teaser-tuesday-1020.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG love the sarcasm. I keep forgetting to add to my TBR list, will do it now.
    Here is mine. http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Great, great teaser. I laughed and had a big smile on my face reading that. Awesome!

    Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL _ I love that tease!

    Mine is up too
    http://sweetvernalzephyr.blogspot.com

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.