Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Update

Every Friday, I update my library and share what new books I bought or received during the past week.

This Friday Update covers the past two weeks, as I didn't post one last Friday. And this week I am in Kentucky, so I am writing this on Wednesday. How much do you want to bet I'll have bought more books in between the time I write this and it posts? Remember, I will be in an airport for a big chunk of the day tomorrow. The only thing that may stop me from buying a new book is if I buy trashy magazines instead. I love trashy magazines, but only allow myself to buy them when I'm sick or when I'm flying.


In the mail last week, I received The Carbon Diaries, 2015 by Saci Lloyd. I will be reviewing this book as part of the green blogger initiative from eco libris. More information to come.



This week, I bought Good Eats: The Early Years by Alton Brown, of Good Eats. Its one of my family's favorite shows and we love the two other cookbooks we have by AB: I'm Just Here for the Food and I'm Just Here for More Food: Food x Mixing + Heat = Baking.

Have a good weekend, everybody! About the time you read this, I'll be off doing something touristy in Louisville and marveling at how the trees are all different colors. They call it "autumn" - amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.