Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Architecture Links

I got an alumni newsletter from UVA recently that mentioned a recent article on Peter Waldman's home in Charlottesville, VA. I was surprised, because the house isn't new at all - the Waldman's had been living there for several years when I visited and that was back in 199-something. Still the article - "Let the sun do it": Peter Waldman's Parcel X is a house of many faces at C-ville Abode - is nice and the house is great. Check it out.

Here's a very different "house" - actually two artists in Brazil.


More pictures at Archinect

Leila at bookshelves of doom visited Grace, a cool new restaurant in Portland, Maine that is housed in a renovated former church. The photos look just lovely - I'd love to visit if I'm ever in Portland.

In stark contrast to how lush Grace looks is this very modern church complex featured on arch daily - Holy Rosary Church Complex by Trahan Architects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.