Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Friday Update (on Saturday)

Welcome to the Friday update on Saturday! No, I'm not at BEA (the big book conference in NYC), unfortunately. I just had a busy day yesterday and, as the Friday update is one of the very few posts I write "live," I didn't get the chance to finish it up in time to post Friday. Plus, this way, I get to use my voice recognition software- woo hoo! (and yes, I did just use the software to type woo hoo.)

While I went to a bookstore this week, I ended up not buying anything. I don't know why, it was an art book store and go after nothing jumped off the shelf at me. Instead, I really loaded up at the library this week. Here's what I got:


Magic's Child (Magic Or Madness Trilogy) by Justine Larbalestier


Agent to the Stars by John Scalzi

Nefertiti: The Book of the Dead by Nick Drake

I Love It When You Talk Retro: Hoochie Coochie, Double Whammy, Drop a Dime, and the Forgotten Origins of American Speech by Ralph Keyes

And just for fun, I also got two books of short stories by Roald Dahl, Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life and The Best of Roald Dahl. I read the first story from Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life while I was at the library and it made me laugh out loud, standing in the aisle. This is not your kids' Roald Dahl.

On the architecture front, I went to the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art on Thursday night. It was my first opportunity to see the new rooftop garden (designed by Jensen Architects) since it's been finished. I really loved it - it was wonderful being up on the roof and getting such a different perspective of the city. I didn't get the chance to take any of my own photos, so here's a little one from the MOMA website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.