Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cupertino Footbridge

Cupertino, California, is best known for being the home of Apple Computer, but around our house, its even better known as my husband's hometown. We were there a few weeks ago to see his family and went for a walk across the new Mary Avenue Bicycle Footbridge. According to the city's website, it is the first cable-stay bicycle pedestrian bridge over a California freeway. I thought it was a sweet little bridge. (Photos are from my iPhone, so sorry about the low quality.)







The bridge was built by Swinerton and designed by HNTB. As my father-in-law pointed out, its like a simplified version of the famous Sundial Bridge at Turtle Bay, which was designed by Santiago Calatrava.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.