Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Art & Architecture Links

If you need a little inspiration today when you are trying to design something, I present the National Design Awards from the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. From graphic design to architecture to product design, there is a whole range of beautiful, well-designed work to get your creative batteries charged. Just the color and movement in this image from Rodarte is enough to make me smile.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, check out this New York Times feature on the production design for the fourth Terminator movie. There are some pretty interesting images in it. Unsurprisingly, I like the city and building images (like this one of a post-apocalyptic Griffith Observatory) better than the machines.

I'd be interested if any of you can identify the medium designer Martin Laing is using for his paintings. Some of them look like photo-composites to me. [via Archinect]

Here's some very cool book art, from photographer Thomas Allen. He carefully cuts up old book covers to create dioramas and photographs them (and sometimes using what looks like tilt-shift photography). Check out images at his gallery and here. [From Boing Boing via Omnivoracious]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.