Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Update

What a slow week here at arch thinking! Between last weekend's busieness (which meant I couldn't pre-schedule my blog posts) and this week's ickiness, I hardly posted at all. I did, though, get some good reading time in and I, of course, found time to go to the bookstore and stock up. What did I bring home this week?

First, I bought the third book in Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series, The Well of Lost Plots. As you may recall from my review, I really enjoyed The Eyre Affair and then thought Lost in a Good Book was good but didn't quite live up. My sources tell me that The Well of Lost Plots is a real return to form, though, so I am looking forward to reading it.

One of the other books I picked up this week was Gringos in Paradise: An American Couple Builds Their Retirement Dream House in a Seaside Village in Mexico. Its good to know that we're not the only ones who fantasize about packing it all in and moving off to a warmer, cheaper climate.

I will be away this weekend, so I expect I'll get lots of reading and very little blogging done. Have a great weekend and I'll see you back here on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.