Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Dark Arts of Architecture

After reading my earlier post on architectural rendering, my mom sent me an email. In it, she noted that rendering is also the process by which butcher melt down animal fat. Yeah, ew. It did remind me of what has to be one of my favorite Monty Python sketches of all time. I'll warn you, it's dark humor but I think its pretty funny.
Architect: Oh, I see. I hadn't correctly divined your attitude towards your tenants. You see I mainly design slaughter houses. Yes, pity. Mind you, this is a real beaut. I mean, none of your blood caked on the walls and flesh flying out of the windows, inconveniencing the passers-by with this one. I mean, my life has been building up to this.
Client: Yes, and well done, but we want a block of flats.
YouTube won't let me imbed, so here's a link instead. If you prefer, here's a link to the transcript.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.