Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

The poster for the upcoming Where the Wild Things Are movie was released. I had no idea this was in the works, but I'm intrigued. I have fond memories of reading this one (or having it read to me, more accurately) as a kid. Apparently, the production has had its kinks. This is from a LA Times article, published last July:
Something has gone very wrong with "Where the Wild Things Are," the much-anticipated Spike Jonze adaptation of Maurice Sendak's classic children's book. The $80-million film, with a script by literary cool-guy Dave Eggers, was filmed largely in the second half of 2006 in Australia. It was originally slated for release this October but got pushed back to the fall of 2009. Last week it disappeared entirely from the Warner Bros. release schedule, a sign of continuing troubles.
EW says that the movie will now be released this October 19.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about a Where the Wild Thing Are movie, but it will at least be interesting

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.