Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Review: Kitty and the Midnight Hour

I've been on a major dark/urban fantasy kick recently, so was very excited to pick up Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn not too long ago. This is the first book in the Kitty Norville Series, about a werewolf who hosts a call-in radio talk show. After talking down the hunter/assassin who's gunning for her in the middle of a show, Kitty gets swept up into a police hunt for a serial killer, all while trying to juggle the demands from her pack leader and his nasty partner.

The premise of the book is great and the story just flies by. I'm not so sure, though, about Kitty. She was just so passive in her own life, especially in her damaging relationship with her pack leader. But the book makes is clear that Kitty is growing up and that makes me hope that she'll become a more captivating character as the series progresses.

Buy Kitty and the Midnight Hour on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. I think the initial passivity, and the subsequent show of strength in the following books, is what keeps me interested in Kitty. She wasn't strong overnight, y'know. Which is more of a "normal" process, in my thinking anyway. After all, growth is usually gradual. I can't wait to see what you think of the next books...

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.