Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Art & Architecture Links

This is becoming a thing for me now, it seems.


From WebUrbanist, 15 Immaculate Temples, Cathedrals and Churches. I don't get what they mean by immaculate, though. Oh, and if you're wondering why Darth Vader is up there, he's a gargoyle at the National Cathedral in Washington, DC. I'd love to go one of their gargoyle tours someday.

Here's interview from Arch Daily I found interesting: Building on Canvas: Sarah McKenzie and the New American Landscape.


As the article says:
In recent years, the art world has played host to a number of lively explorations of architecture and the built environment. (In 2006, The New Yorker went so far as to snipe, “Painting about architecture has become popular to the point of excess, much the way seventies artists went overboard on the cube.”) By looking at architecture through the lenses of politics, psychology, humor, and more, artists have been helping to enrich the conversation about the field.
I'll have to write a future post about one of my favorite artists who explored architecture, Gordon Matta-Clark.

Here are two interesting headlines via Archinect:

The amazing crayon art of Christian Faur [Telegraph]

Frank Gehry considers an accomplished past and uncertain future [LA Times]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.