Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Review: Watchmen

From Amazon:
This Hugo Award-winning graphic novel chronicles the fall from grace of a group of super-heroes plagued by all-too-human failings. Along the way, the concept of the super-hero is dissected as the heroes are stalked by an unknown assassin.
My husband loves Watchmen by Alan Moore and with the movie coming up, I thought it was time for me to read this graphic novel.

If there is anyone left in this world who thinks that comic books are for kids, one look at this classic graphic novel is going to disabuse them of that notion. This is a dark, violent book, filled with damaged people, doing damage to each other.

I'm glad that I read Watchmen. It is not a fun book, but its an interesting one that raises many questions. I especially enjoyed the Pirate story spliced into the main story as commentary.

Buy Watchmen on Amazon.

1 comment:

  1. I just checked this out from the library two days ago and was about to start it! Tell Chris I'm on board.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.