Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Review: The President's Daughter


From Amazon:
Sixteen-year-old Meghan Powers likes her life just the way it is. She likes living in Massachusetts. She likes her school. And she has plenty of friends. But all that is about to change. Because Meg’s mother, one of the most prestigious senators in the country, is running for President. And she’s going to win.
As I said in an earlier post, I really loved The President's Daughter when I was younger. I walked to our library about once a week for a year or so to check it out and read. Eventually, I outgrew it a little and later we moved away. At some point, I forgot the name, but I always remembered the book. Certain scenes just stayed in my memory - the family dinner at a ski resort during the campaign, taking her blazer off, asking mom for a dry martini. When I heard that this book was being re-released in an updated version, I was thrilled to find it again. I'm happy to say that I was not disappointed. I really enjoyed reading this, and if my 12-year-old self was any indication, I think younger readers will as well.

Buy The President's Daughter on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.