Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

P. G. Wodehouse

Sure, I've heard of P. G. Wodehouse. But he always sounded like one of those authors I should read, and therefore avoid at all costs. So I was pleasantly surprised when I read a recent post by Jacket Copy on Wodehouse that had me laughing out loud. From The Mating Season:
I am told by those who know that there are six varieties of hangover—the Broken Compass, the Sewing Machine, the Comet, the Atomic, the Cement Mixer and the Gremlin Boogie, and his manner suggested that he had got them all.
I love it!

Buy The Mating Season on Amazon.

There is also a lot by Wodehouse that is in the public domain and therefore available free online. Look at Wikisource or Project Gutenberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.