Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Update

Sorry, y'all, for the silence here this week. I have not had a good week for reading or writing (too much time in a car, for one thing) but here's what has been happening:

I bought, read and finished the Buffy Comics Omnibus Volume 5. This volume features one of my favorite characters, Oz, in a stand alone story about him traveling to Tibet.

Also bought this week: Lost in a Good Book, the sequel to The Eyre Affair (which I loved), by Jasper Fforde, and Stolen, the sequel to Bitten, by Kelley Armstrong (which I discussed here).

I continued reading Le Corbusier: A Life by Nicholas Fox Brown. It's really a good book, but very dense and I find it a bit difficult to pick up. When I do, though, it's a rewarding read. Eventually, I will finish it and then I will have a lot more to say about the book and Corbu himself.


At the urging of my neighbor, I started a book of short stories by Daniel Alarcón, War by Candlelight. Again, I think I will write more about this after I've finished, which should be soon. So far, I am impressed; Alarcón is a very good writer.

So that's what's happening with me. I think I am going to try to start doing more of these update posts, mostly on Friday. Please let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.