Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Book Review Ethics

There is an interesting post over at Hey, Lady! Whatcha Readin'?, the Ethics of Book Reviews, based in turn on a post from Reading Matters, the Pitfalls of receiving free books. It's all very interesting, but I would like to point out one thing: book bloggers are hardly alone in this dilemma. From a blog post on Bookslut:
... last night two people mentioned this article about Kevin Coval's Everyday People in the Sun Times. It is written by his publisher. Amazingly, this information does not show up in the author's bio: "Mark Eleveld is a local free-lance writer."
Conflict of interest, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.