Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Shadow of the House


I had a comment today on my post about Abelardo Morell that I thought I would bring to eveyone's attention.

If you are interested in Abelardo Morell's work check out the documentary Shadow of the House - Photographer Abelardo Morell

Working alone for over 7 years, director Allie Humenuk filmed Morell and his family both at home and abroad. The film beautifully captures the artist and the artistic process. The film is having a successful run in festivals and at museums nationwide.

There are screenings coming up at the Philadelphia Museum of Art (Dec 5th, 6pm) and the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (Dec 11th, 4:30pm) Both Humenuk and Morell will be in attendance.

For more information on the film visit: http://www.shadowofthehouse.com/

I watched the trailer on the website and it looks pretty interesting. I'm on the West Coast but if any of you have the opportunity to go to one of the screenings, please let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.