Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wish List

Between the public library and my library, there are more books to be read than I will ever get to, and yet I am constantly adding to my wish list. Here are three new books that I want to read, courtesy of other great book bloggers.


Fledgling by Octavia Butler, from Shelf Love:
This is what the best science fiction and fantasy can do. It forces us to question our assumptions and look carefully at the very roots of our morality.


The Smart One and the Pretty One by Claire LaZebnik, from Pop Culture Junkie:
So besides the fact that I felt like those characters were very real to me, this book was just funny. Your everyday, can't help it funny! That's just who they were. I loved that and found myself laughing often while reading this
.
Paper Towns by John Green, from bookshelves of doom:
Okay, first of all, thumbs up. No reservations at all. ... Paper Towns is melancholy, laugh-out-loud-funny, downright sad, often hopeful and always thoughtful.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you like The Smart One and the Pretty One as much as me! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.