Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Preview: Museum of Human Beings


My newest LibraryThing Early Reviewers book arrived this weekend. It is Museum of Human Beings by Colin Sargent. Since I am a little busy right now (see my earlier post about what I should be doing), it will probably take me a little while to read and review it. It looks really interesting, though.

The Publisher's description on Amazon:

From deprivation in the wilderness to the lavish courts of European nobility, this poignant historical novel explores the life and quest of Jean-Baptiste Charbonneau, the son of Sacagawea. After the famed Lewis and Clark expedition and the death of his mother, Jean-Baptiste was brought up as Clark's foster son. He was eventually paraded throughout Europe as a curiosity from the wilds of America, labeled as a half gentleman and half animal, entertaining nobility as a concert pianist. Jean-Baptiste returns to North America with a burning desire to create his own place in the New World. In doing so he returns to the heart of the American wilderness on an epic quest for ultimate identity that brings sacrifice, loss, and the distant promise of redemption.

While it won't be out until November, you can pre-order Museum of Human Beings at Amazon now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.