Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Preview: Cleopatra


This week's Newsweek arrived yesterday, with a review of a new book, Cleopatra: The Last Queen of Egypt by Joyce Tyldesley. Tyldesley is a respected Egyptologist with a long list of credentials to her name. Cleopatra is a look at the history behind the myth, and it sounds great.

Cleopatra has fascinated me for a long time. I read The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George years ago and absolutely loved it. (You can read an excerpt on George's website here.) George is a great writer and the historical research she pours into this book shines through, especially in the little details that make the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.