Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Zaha Hadid's Shoes

Pritzker laureate Zaha Hadid launched her shoe line this Fashion Week. See this link for the official launch animation. Apparently, Zaha doesn't think women have toes, or arches, or any requirement for comfortable footwear.
Zaha is pretty well-covered in the product design world. In addition to shoes, she's designed door handles and cutlery for WMF. I think the cutlery is more successful, though I'm not sure I'd want to drink hot soup out of that spoon. Her buildings, by the way, are really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.