Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Review: Food Books


This week's Email Book Club book (see my previous post here) is Service Included by Phoebe Damrosch. Its about her time working at Per Se, famed chef Thomas Keller's NYC restaurant. From reading the first chapter, I'm intrigued and really excited to read the rest. That's not surprising, though, because I love reading most of those behind-the-scenes food and restaurant books out there.

The Papa Bear of these books (at least for me) is Kitchen Confidential by the one and only Anthony Bourdain. If you haven't read it, I can't imagine why. It is fantastic -- a fun read, great stories, really funny. Go read it now!


Another food book I liked (though its not up there with Kitchen Confidential) is Heat by Bill Buford. The best part of Heat is Mario Batali from the Food Network. The man is clearly crazy. I'd love to meet him.

1 comment:

  1. Service Included sounds really interesting (and what a tight cover!) I'll have to jot this one down!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.