Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Turning the Pages


Thanks to another blogger, I found Turning the Pages by the British Library. My eye was caught by Andrea Vesaliu's De Humani Corporis Fabrica, an old (1543) and beautifully illustrated anatomy book. Thanks to my husband's work as an anatomist and professor, we have a lot of anatomy books. I am impressed by how well-illustrated many of them are. I have a hard time looking at some of these illustrations but usually I can put it aside and appreciate the drawings as works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.