Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympic Judo


We watched the Olympics Judo qualifying matches streaming online last night (photo, above, of Brit Craig Fallon, by the Telegraph). It was great. It was also pretty complicated for a sport that mostly involves making your opponent bleed and/or pass out. Its incredible that there is a legitimate sport where choking your opponent until he (or she) goes unconscious is a valid way to win.

I'll be interested in seeing how judo compares to Tae Kwon do, since I imagine we'll be watching that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and welcome them on any of my posts. There is comment moderation on posts older than 14 days, but your comments will appear immediately on current posts.

Due to th eabsolutely insane number of spam comments I have been getting recently, I have unfortunately had to turn on word verification. Please email me if you have problems posting a comment.